Friday, November 12, 2010

Idealism

So I took a test on facebook (silly I know) on what hogwarts house I belong to. I was sorted into Gryffindor which is a symbol of idealism and doing what's right when the odds are against you and it doesn't make sense to do the right thing. I was once called idealistic as an insult in that I was unrealistic in my beliefs and that what I was standing for would never work. To me, that was one of the best compliments I could have received. That says I have a set of values, beliefs that I hold and won't give up. I hope one day I am put to the test on whether I'm all talk or if I stand firm in my beliefs. I hope I pass. I hope I have the courage, like a lion of gryffindor, to not buckle to the beliefs that I'm too "idealistic". Because your ideas are all you have. Hold onto them tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment